Spring Adventures in the Pacific Northwest
Posted on February 11 2022
As spring officially approaches, it’s time to start planning for your months of good weather and outdoor adventuring. The Pacific Northwest is home to so many great destinations and spots for adventure, it’s difficult to narrow it down. Well, we did just that! We selected some of the best and most exciting things you can do this spring and summer all across the PNW. We separated everything into two main categories: Food and Hiking/Biking Trails.
Trying new and spectacular foods can be just as much of an adventure as conquering a tough hiking trail or scuba diving. It’s not better or worse, it’s just different! And if “different” is what you’re after, then look no further than these excellent restaurants for you to try this year.The Cascade Dining Room at Timberline Lodge. Mt. Hood, Oregon
- It’s almost an adventure in and of itself just getting to this iconic fine dining restaurant, but believe us, it is worth the trip. We recommend starting with an appetizer of the Caviar Deviled Eggs followed by the Maple Bourbon Glazed Pork Chop and topped with a dessert fresh from their in-house pastry chef.
- Boise is home to many small batch breweries and family owned restaurants that rival (if not beat outright) national chains, and Epi’s Basque Restaurant is no exception. They offer fresh authentic Basque delicacies made to order each day by an actual descendent of Epi, the original owner. We recommend starting with Ham Croquetas, followed by Beef Tongue (Mingaina) with a tomato pepper sauce. For dessert we say go with the Flana custard with a brown sugar glaze. Authentic recipes from a family owned restaurant that you and your family will fall in love with.
- Don’t let the deceptively simple name fool you. The Herbfarm is one of the most unique, if not THE most unique dining experiences you’ll ever encounter. Each week, they choose a theme for their ever-rotating menu. They use only the very best hand-picked ingredients from the farm, forest, and sea to bring you exquisite and delicious 9 course dinners. You just have to see it for yourself to believe it.
Besides great food, the Pacific Northwest also offers some of the world’s best hiking and biking destinations. From the Pacific Coast Highway to the deep forest destinations in the Cascades, you just can’t beat the PNW’s offer of trails for you to dominate. Here are a few we recommend tackling this year.
Broken Top Trail To No Name Lake. Bend, Oregon
- This breathtaking trail is as rewarding as it is challenging. Not for the faint of heart, this trail offers wide open vistas and challenging rock features to bring you closer to a mysterious lake that will have you daydreaming of your hike for years to come.
- This is a little more accessible to your average and beginner hiker, but that doesn’t make the views any less incredible. It starts close to a great camping spot near Shafer Butte that is very family friendly. This tranquil and rewarding hike is on the other side of Bogus Basin and is less busy than the other trials. You will enjoy some peace and quiet and lots of colorful wildflower blooms along this trail.
No matter what you do for your self care and beard care this year, we hope you have a wonderful 2022 from Better Man Beard.